Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer Accepted, going into Underwritting have questions

tag
JonGP3
Established Member

Offer Accepted, going into Underwritting have questions

Finally got an accepted offer on a house. My fiance and I are pre-qualified with Wells Fargo for $225,000. We're going with an 30 year fixed FHA Loan 3.5% down.

Combined savings of about $8000 growing $2000 per month, $7840 is going to the downpayment, seller is paying all closing cost. We're buying the house at 84% under value. Closing date should be Mid August.

We've both had the same job for over 4 years.

Her Fico: 765 DTI >10%

My Fico: 622 DTI >16%

Her credit is pretty much fine, she owes about $1400 on a credit card and that's it.

Mine is not so great, I owe about $1500 on credit cards and $5000 left on a leased car. I have 3 negative accounts.

1 - BofA Credit card debt bought by Midland Credit, original debt of $2,500, now balance says $4,490. (I can payoff at 50%)

2 - Debt of $2,200 to MBF Leasing, they bound me to an auto renewing contract for a credit card reader. (I've read really bad things about this company so i'm refraining from calling them)

Both debts are outside the SOL and will fall off the report next summer, so it's been about 6 years since the DOFD.

3 - Medical debt of $196 from March of 2010, basically i moved and they couldn't reach me, account went to a collection agency who is not accepting my Pay for Delete Letters. I will pay this off but would much rather have a Deletion.

Beyond the collections, I have 4 Credit Cards that I've been paying on Monthly for over 30 months. As well as the car payment for 18 months.

Our Loan officer said that he feels the only thing that may hold us back is the 2 large collections from 2005. He thinks I may need to pay them even though they are so old and outside SOL.

My question for the guru's and those who maybe in a simliar situation is, will the large collections hold me back in underwriting?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Offer Accepted, going into Underwritting have questions

There is always a chance they will require it to be paid in full, it can also be a show stopper. Based on the post it sounds like you have not been paying on any of these collection, there is a chance the underwriter might question this.

Message 2 of 5
JonGP3
Established Member

I did pay some of the Midland Credit collection, I arranged a payment plan for 200 a month back in 2008, i made 5 payments, pulled my report afterwards, realized they started to charge interest on the balance again which was not part of the arrangement, I stopped paying them after that.

The MBF Leasing I have not paid any of it.

Message 3 of 5
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Have you tried calling the place that ignores your letters?  I've gotten deletes over the phone.  Good Luck

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 5
JonGP3
Established Member

I have called many times, they claim they have a policy to never accept a pay for delete. It's owned by Valley Credit Service, a small regional collections agency. I have not found any contact info for any Upper Management for this company.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.