Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offer accepted - sellers would like to close sooner than 30 days

tag
Mizsass
Valued Member

Offer accepted - sellers would like to close sooner than 30 days

Hi everyone,

My fiance and I started this process three months ago on a short sale house that we really liked. We used a loan officer we were referred to and had a pre-approval at the retail lender she worked for. The short sale was taking a long time, and during the process our loan officer moved to another lender. We agreed to have our file moved.

We have a preapproval at the new lender, and this weekend we found a different home we really liked. The sellers have accepted our offer, but they would like to close sooner than 30 days. We have come to an agreement that will would close by the close date of Dec 17th or sooner. 

Now I'm a nervous wreck hoping nothing goes wrong! Our realtor was very highly recommended to us from people, and she referred us to our loan officer who has been doing this for about 10 years. I trust my realtor and our loan officer feels confident we're fine. 

What are the chances our lender can pull a package together sooner than a 30 day window? Anyone else been through that scenario?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: Offer accepted - sellers would like to close sooner than 30 days

2-3 weeks can happen if everyone is on top of their game.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Offer accepted - sellers would like to close sooner than 30 days

30 days is standard - you should be fine.

Just stay on top of items requested and keep communication open. If everyone does their job it should go smooth.

Brian

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.