cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Offically in underwriting, stressed!

tag
cautioncones

Offically in underwriting, stressed!

Hoping someone can shed some light on all of this. I found out today I currently am in underwriting for my first FHA loan. Loan is for 143K with 3.5% down. I make upwards of 56K a year and had no problems providing all of my paperwork. The only debt i have is 2 vehicles (9k and 18K), along with some deferred student loans and 1 collections account. My LO said I was at 47%? The home inspection went great and now I am super nervous about something going wrong. Anyone have anything to share or add that may help? Deffinately worried about getting approved as I have heard horror stories about underwriting. I am suppose to be closing by the 27th.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
GirlMelanie89
Established Contributor

Re: Offically in underwriting, stressed!

@cautioncones wrote:

Hoping someone can shed some light on all of this. I found out today I currently am in underwriting for my first FHA loan. Loan is for 143K with 3.5% down. I make upwards of 56K a year and had no problems providing all of my paperwork. The only debt i have is 2 vehicles (9k and 18K), along with some deferred student loans and 1 collections account. My LO said I was at 47%? The home inspection went great and now I am super nervous about something going wrong. Anyone have anything to share or add that may help? Deffinately worried about getting approved as I have heard horror stories about underwriting. I am suppose to be closing by the 27th.

I think you'll be fine! Dont stress abiut problems that dont exist! Get som sleep and enjoy the process! Congrats and keep us posted! 

Bankruptcy discharged: May 2014 Starting Score: 571 Goal Score: 700
Current Score: 676 (EQ FICO) 674 (EX FICO) 662 (TU FICO)

Mortgage Loan Originator in Kentucky
Message 2 of 9
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@cautioncones wrote:

FHA allows higher dti, depending on scores.  I am on nerves as well. The overnight app I sent, they told me the wrong amount for the credit check fee.  Okay, it's 25, instead of 32.  Your U.S. Government at work, they need to send the check back, and I need to send another one.  I was told they did not want the property on this app, but they still do underwriting.  And, I was told to send in section 8 hap, they would use that.  But, NNNOOO.  Gotta get Seattle humping between my original hap (king county) and new homeownership voucher (Lincoln county), all in 30 days, with Seattle running behind, then need HUD approval in Lincoln County.  After 6 weeks, they kill app and make me start anew (need some serious guide book help here).

And, I am sick with flu.  Now, if I can eek out a mortgage with this mess (Lincoln county wants to see the package, and my builder is behind), you got it easy bud/budette.  Smiley Wink

Signature needs updating
Message 3 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

remember, you arent 'in underwriting'.......... you are 'in line to be seen' by an underwriter.

so dont sweat the wait.... 

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 9
cautioncones

Dumb question, but how long are you actually actively in underwriting? I believe i have a fairly simple situation. 2 car loans "18K and 9K owed", 1 collections but its for 1000$, mid 650's credit score. "622,646 and 667 mortgage score", no foreclosures, government job with 56K income on a 143K mortgage request, and bank with NFCU. Oh, and like 13K in student loans.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the collection active or paid and closed?
Message 6 of 9
cautioncones

It is a medical collection and currently open

Message 7 of 9
nitis

I am headed to underwriting next week. I was told it would take 2 to 5 days depending on the backlog. 

I feel your pain

Message 8 of 9
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@cautioncones wrote:

Dumb question, but how long are you actually actively in underwriting? I believe i have a fairly simple situation. 2 car loans "18K and 9K owed", 1 collections but its for 1000$, mid 650's credit score. "622,646 and 667 mortgage score", no foreclosures, government job with 56K income on a 143K mortgage request, and bank with NFCU. Oh, and like 13K in student loans.

i guess it takes an hour or so for an underwriter to issue a conditional approval. the rest of the time your file is just sitting there

Retired Lender
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.