Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oh boy!!!

tag
BoysMumx2
Frequent Contributor

Oh boy!!!

After months of work - finishing up graduate school, using federal refund to pay down debt, student loan consolidation drama, IBR payment set up (finally), and debt consolidation in May to get rid of credit cards and drop payment....  Mortgage lender scores Feb 1 were EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643.  Mortgage lender scores today, 6/7/12, were EQ 731, TU 731, EX 708 (darn EX anyway...)!!!!!

Locked at 4.00% on IHFA (Idaho Housing Finance Association) conventional loan with no mortgage insurance and it will be submitted to automated underwriting tomorrow.  So nervous I can barely think.  We're good to go FHA as a back-up, but it will increase our monthly payment due to MI, so I am crossing all fingers and toes that it passes AU.

I don't know how I'm going to survive the wait until I hear.  oy.  In the meantime, I've now got the clear from my lender to close the credit cards that are not being included in my DTI.  It is with great joy that I will say good-bye to my sub-prime days.  And yes, I'm ready for the hit due to the closed accounts.  LO and I discussed it carefully and IHFA does not require new score pull - will do soft pull to ensure no new inquiries or accounts, but no new scores.  Now to be patient for news on whether or not I'll pass AU...

Starting Score: EQ 622, TU 676, EX 643 (mtg lender pulls) 2/1/12
Current Score: EQ 743, TU 775 (6/18 MyFico), EX 722 (per CITI approval letter 6/29/12 pull)
Goal Score: New goal: 760+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.