Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ok, she wants to buy now.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Ok, she wants to buy now.

Are you in the Reserves? There must be a reason you cannot use VA until 11/2018. How is the NFCU approval going?

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so we got a pre-approval letter for what we asked for, 250k.
My rep has been pretty good so far and helped me settle on a 5/5 ARM. With zero down we are going to be paying 5.25%, which is high, but no funding fee is great. Our other option was FHA, which would have stretched us at 3.5% down plus the hit for PMI/funding fee's. Other choice was HomeBuyer's Choice 0% down but that would have been 5.625% plus a funding fee.
She suggested this after I explained that we will absolutely refi this next year with VA. So we will not be paying any PMI or funding fee. The APR hurts, but in our situation i'm happy with it!

We found our house, made an offer and it looks like we will be good to go, just negotiating a couple small things but it looks like we will make a deal!

Does anyone know if NFCU holds these loans in a portfolio?
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So P&S agreement signed! Here's hoping NFCU does not let us down.
I'll update this thread with my experience with them.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok we got the commitment letter today. After the initial App, NFCU has been excellent. Very easy to upload documents and great customer service. We are scheduled to close in a couple weeks.
I'm very happy my wife pushed to move this year, i'm very happy with the house we found.
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing tomorrow! Only 34 days from accepted offer, would have been 30 but had a little hiccup due to Labor Day that pushed back the closing. Navy Federal has been excellent and I would recommend them to all!
Message 15 of 17
VALoanMaster
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

VA Mortgage Expert. Mortgage Banker lending in All 50 States.
VA, FHA, USDA. Jumbo, Conventional.
CAIVRS Expert.
Message 16 of 17
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations!  I hope your closing was smooth. It seems like it since you were able to get it done with NFCU in only 34 days Smiley Happy Very happy for you and yours.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.