cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay, tired of the crap, at what point can I get a new LO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay, tired of the crap, at what point can I get a new LO?

Well I am still stuck in the first phase, waiting on my broker to get back with me about my rescore, she is rude and makes me feel like I am bothering her anytime I call her and ask her a question. She did the rescore once and it didn't bring my score up enough so she said okay, pay this bill too, so now, I am sitting at almost 3 weeks when she could have just told to pay both credit cards down at the same time. I am scared to call her back, but the second go around with the rescore and I STILL have not seen my credit report updated. I have already made an offer on a house, they accepted so the contract is signed, but still waiting on her, I wished I could change LO's but if I have already signed a contract I can't change can I? The contract was signed before April 30th, so I don't want to void it and start over again because I will miss out on the $8,000 credit. What should I do????

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Breakthecycle2
Established Contributor

Re: Okay, tired of the crap, at what point can I get a new LO?

Maybe try a different broker within the same office? You should not be made to feel stupid.

Starting Score: 454
Current Score: 690
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lucky me, she is the only one in that office.

Message 3 of 13
y0rascal
Regular Contributor

let the broker know who you feel and that you dont feel comfortable calling her causing she is always talking down to you and making you feel stupid, when she probably is not trying to talk down to you, however trying to teach you things you already know, she will still tell you everything.

Let her know how you feel and go from there. Stepping up should make her take step back and treat you like a person. your a customer, not her sidling or her kid.

Message 4 of 13
nathan
Frequent Contributor

If you are not comfortable with your lo especially if they have that '' stop bugging me attitude", move on. I remember last year I had the same problem with my first lo who takes for ever to return my calls and seemed to busy to bother with me. I fired her immediately and moved on, and my next lo was outstanding. There is no reason to deal with some one who doesn't  give you the attention you deserve. Afterall, its not free; they get paid.

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

But if I change LO's now, will that void the contract that I have with the seller? I have already given her the $500 earnest money and the contract was signed before 4/30/10.

Message 6 of 13
nathan
Frequent Contributor

I didn't go that far with the lo I fired. Maybe some one with similar experience will answer your question. There are lots of mortgage experts here.

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

ceceley,

I'm no expert but the FTHBC is for the contract to be signed by the 30th.  It doesn't hold you to the broker you signed up with .  I believe you can take your business and your signed contract to someone else and have them to do your loan.  Someone with more experience can chime in but, as long as your contract was signed by the 30th and you close by the 30th of June you are not breaking the rules for the FTHBC.

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is my understanding that you don't owe the lender anything until closing. The only thing you could lose (other than time) if you decided to switch lenders at this point would be an application fee if you have paid one up front.

Message 9 of 13
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

I would agree with freudandbeck. There should not be anything in your contract with the seller that ties you to the broker or LO. Review your contract to make sure, but if there is, I would think that would have been a bad decision. Typically, your contract with the seller will have a financing contingency that allows you to walk if you cannot get financing by a particular date. By specifying a certain lender, you would be limiting your chances in the event that that particular lender cannot get you fincanced.

So that said, I would review your contract just to make sure, continue to have this (apparently crappy) LO work on getting you financed, but meanwhile, look for other good, reputable lenders in your area. If you find someone you're comfortable with, drop the other. Again, as freudandbeck indicated, you might be out the application fee, but that's it.

@Anonymous wrote:

It is my understanding that you don't owe the lender anything until closing. The only thing you could lose (other than time) if you decided to switch lenders at this point would be an application fee if you have paid one up front.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.