cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Okay, tired of the crap, at what point can I get a new LO?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Okay, tired of the crap, at what point can I get a new LO?

The LO works FOR you. Sometimes they seem to forget that.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

**UPDATE* Re: Okay, tired of the crap, at what point can I get a new LO?

Well, the latest news is the rescore still has not been done, my LO sent me a nasty e-mail yesterday and said that if I wanted to go elsewhere I would need to bring her $210 for the rescores she has done (that is a joke because they have not been done) and that if I go somewhere else they will pull my credit again and my score would go down and I wouldn't qualify. I feel like she is being a b**** for no reason and sitting on my file so that I can't go anywhere else and she will wait long enough that if I do decide to go elsewhere I won't qualify for the $8000. I just don't know what to do anymore other than throw in the towel. My file is stuck with her and she is doing nothing about it. I guess it just wasn't meant for me to be able to buy a house this go round.  I just know in the future not to use her or recommend her to anyone I know.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: **UPDATE* Re: Okay, tired of the crap, at what point can I get a new LO?

Two things.  Last I heard they cannot charge you for the re-scores, which is why some lenders are reluctant to do them.  Secondly, mortgage inquiries are excluded from your score calculations for 30 days.  So while it may hurt your score to apply with another loan officer, it won't hurt your score immediately.  If it were me I would immediately seek recommendations for a new loan officer from friends, family, even your realtor if you trust them.  As others stated, it would be odd to have your purchase contract dictate which loan officer must be used.  As long as you can still close within the stated time frame, you should be okay to switch.  I would pick your new loan officer and let the other know that her services aren't needed.  If you're going FHA the new loan officer would need to obtain the case number but as far as I know you don't need the prevoius LO to sign off.  Good luck!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.