Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oklahoma City housing market?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oklahoma City housing market?

Is anyone hearing anything about the housing market in Oklahoma City? The news says the city is "recession proof" and that the housing sector has been unaffected.

Thanks for the input!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Oklahoma City housing market?

I keep hearing that about Tulsa, too, which is where I live. However, I had to end up selling my house ( 4 years old in a great neighborhood) on a contract for deed. I had three showings in 3 months - March, April, May - which are supposedly great times to sell.....
Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

recession proof? uhm, maybe you wont experience a burst bubble like the coasts..... but okc has had it's share of economic woes.
Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I read the same article.  I live in Midwest City.  We are about to low ball an offer on a house in Edmond that is brand new and we know has been on the market for 3.5 years.   My broker though said OKC is slowly but steadly moving forward.   In my neighborhood by Tinker AFB houses only last about 30 to 60 days on the market due to the constant new Tinker families.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a resource for info on the OKC housing market:
www.DefyTheTrends.com

It's a site sponsored by the Central Oklahoma Home Builders Association, but it is a fact-based compilation of data and links to recent independent studies, rankings, and statistics about the housing market in the Oklahoma City Metro.

Message Edited by JeffClick on 06-30-2008 04:49 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.