Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Collections stopping my mortgage !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Collections stopping my mortgage !

Hi  guys,

I'm getting my mortgage thru NACA.. Yesterday I was informed that an old collection dated 11/06 would have to be paid becasue the collector updated the activity on 4/09.  He didn't add anything except to update the date.  This is an old account with HSBC the DOFD was around 5/04 ( trying to get exact date now) Security Credit Service are the CO.  With NACA any collection over 2 years is not held against you ... my counselors says because it updatd I have to pay it. Is this the case with all Mortgages?

Any help would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Re: Old Collections stopping my mortgage !

If there was no activity on the account, I'm not sure they CAN update it. That happened to me with an old Cap One account. I called them and they said THEY never updated it. Long story short...the CRA had to change the date back to 2003 and I gained back 75 points!

Maybe you need to check that out?

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

WannaHouse,

Thanks, I just got off the phone with HSBC and the DOFD is September 2004.  The gave me the name of the current collection agency and Security Credit Service is not it.  Should I call the collection agency that I got from HSBC?  I don't wont to make this worse than what it is. 

Message 3 of 21
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

After I got the info from Cap One, I simply contacted the CRA and filed a dispute. If that info is incorrect, they HAVE to fix it.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will file a complaint today.  Hopefully this will right the wrong. 

Thnaks for your help.

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WannaHouse wrote:
After I got the info from Cap One, I simply contacted the CRA and filed a dispute. If that info is incorrect, they HAVE to fix it.

But if isn't paid, keying it derogatory for any month is correct. That is the risk with unpaid COs.

I hope you get it off but I don't think it is incorrect and they wont HAVE to delete it.

Message 6 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

scorerise,

The thing is I know that the OC can continue to ding you late...I have a repo from 2005 every month I'm dinged for another 120 late.  But I didn't know the CA could do that too!!  there has been no activity on this collection since it has been sitting on my report for well over 2 years.

Message 7 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did the CA update out of the blue, or did you make contact with them? Did you dispute anything on that account? I'm just curious if it is another case of a CA seeing your mortgage pulls and posting to get paid. Does that CA show up as any type of inquiry on your CR recently?
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

scorerise,

Never made contact with them...This has sat dormant for over 2 years.  I will check to see if they made an inquiry to my account. My NACA counselor has the Credit report, so I'll ask her about the inquiry.  Yeah it sounds like they just scooped me up as another person getiing there credit together to purchase.  I did OPT out of all credit referrals and junk like that so I thought I would steer clear of this happeneing.  OH Well! I quess it didn't work.

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with CA....They no longer have the account!  It was sold off to another collection agency!  Is that good or bad?  He asked me to call 2mrw and he would give me the name of the collection Agency it updated on my file in April he said it was sold in April. 

What's my next move?  I'm being cautiously optimistic..

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.