Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Home loan killing credit score

tag
sheannc1
Established Member

Old Home loan killing credit score

In 1998 I purchased a Habitat for Humanity home and was making payments every month in 2006 I begin having problems with this loan.  So my lates are showing on my credit report as Habitat for Humanity.  Then the loan was sold to Nova Star Mortgage.  They had the loan for a year and during this time I was still having problems with my payment.  So it's also showing late with them on my CR from 2006-2007.  They filed bankruptcy and sold the loan to Saxon, and finally Habitat took the loan back in 2008 and uses Multi-Financial to service the account.  I have Habitat for Humanity, Nova Star and Saxon reporting negative on my report and none of them have the loan now.  Multi-Financial states they do not report to the CB so now my on time payments are not showing.  How can I get those other lenders deleted from my credit report?  Especially the one with HFH when i first got the loan up to 2006.  It's just too many lates and high balances that are hurting my score. 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Old Home loan killing credit score

If they are legitimate lates you can not have them removed....

Also, the only balance that counts as debt is the current mortgage... not the closed ones.

Message Edited by 1111mel on 07-15-2009 03:32 PM
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.