Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Mortgage Statement

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Mortgage Statement

My loan is underwriting and they want to see something that ties a certain mortgage to a property that was foreclosed on.  I havent been in the house since 2008 and I do not have any old mortgage statements laying around.  Any ideas where I can get this from?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Old Mortgage Statement

@Anonymous wrote:

My loan is underwriting and they want to see something that ties a certain mortgage to a property that was foreclosed on.  I havent been in the house since 2008 and I do not have any old mortgage statements laying around.  Any ideas where I can get this from?

The county's records [where the house is located] will show the mortgage lien that was on the property. It is public record so you can go there and request a copy.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 3 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Many of the records are online and all you have to do is download a copy.

Try the Clerk of Courts for your county (where the property was located) and look up all of your public records by name. 

You can show the deed that you received when you purchased it + the recorded mortgage + the foreclosure (Lis Pendens) and Certificate of Title. This traces the property completely and is very easy for you to look up if everything is online. If not, you can go to the records department of your courthouse and get a copy.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I found the website and was able to show them the deed transferred to the mortgage company.  Since the second mortgage company purchased the loan, they just wanted to make sure it was the same house and not two foreclosures.  

Message 5 of 6
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Terrific!  Glad you got that cleared up today!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.