Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Mortgage

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Old Mortgage

My X wife and I sold a home we had purchased with VA in the 70's. We sold it some time in the Mud 1980's. This mortgage does not show up in my credit history. Any suggestion ad to how I could go about getting Information on my credit report

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Old Mortgage

@Anonymous wrote:

My X wife and I sold a home we had purchased with VA in the 70's. We sold it some time in the Mud 1980's. This mortgage does not show up in my credit history. Any suggestion ad to how I could go about getting Information on my credit report

Are you asking about how to get that old mortgage reported on your credit report? If yes, contact the mortgage company at the time it was sold ... but don't expect any positive result. That record is just too old to get that lender to report a mortgage that was closed so long ago.

Now explain why you wat it reported? Maybe some folks here will provide you will useful feedback.

Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i think the bureaus drop old accounts like that even if the lender still reports it.

and i doubt the lender would be able to get it back in their system to report.

maybe a better question for the credit forum though

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
iv
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

That's not going to happen - generally speaking a closed account with a positive payment history will stay on your reports for 10 years after it's closed.

After that, it's purged from the file, and neither the lender nor CRA will put it back.  (From their point of view, your account that was closed 30 years ago doesn't matter to them...)

EQ8:850 TU8:850 EX8:850
EQ9:847 TU9:847 EX9:839
EQ5:797 TU4:807 EX2:813 - 2021-06-06
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.