Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old addresses

tag
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Old addresses

I have never really paid attention to the personal info and now see that EQ is reporting 7 old addresses, the others just two. One of them I recognize as my ex hubby mistress while we were married! I don't want to open up a fraud dispute this close to app but would like some of these gone. I have a fear it would stop the mortgage process as while all the others are correct (rough few years) the time is wrong. What should I or can I do?
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
kats_rebuild
Contributor

Re: Old addresses

Wow, I'm sorry that your new home is bringing up an emotionally charged reminder of your ex-husband. 

So this isn't totally comparable, but on my credit report there was one reported address that I never lived at and I didn't recognize. I simply stated, "I never lived at this property." and that was sufficient for my Loan Officer. 

Chase CSR 22,000 | Chase Freedom Unlimited 13,000 | Chase CSP 10,000| USAA Cash Back $7,000 | AA Silver Aviator Card $10,000 | AMEX Everyday $9,000 | Chase Freedom $3,000 | Capital One Cash Rewards $4,000 | Discover IT $4500 | Nordstrom Store Card $2000
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's interesting sbrooks. Is it possible to remove old accurate addresses from your credit file? I have addresses going back to the early 90s on mine. I would love to only have 1 or 2 on mine. Same with employment. I even have old po boxes listed on mine. I never thought to ask anyone if these could be removed.
Message 3 of 11
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
That's interesting sbrooks. Is it possible to remove old accurate addresses from your credit file? I have addresses going back to the early 90s on mine. I would love to only have 1 or 2 on mine. Same with employment. I even have old po boxes listed on mine. I never thought to ask anyone if these could be removed.It is It iss 

It is easy to remove old addresses. Just call the CRA and they will remove them while you are on the phone

Message 4 of 11
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

Really!! I've read threads that say it was difficult 😩Will they remove all but your current ? I'm going for it today
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome thanks! Looks like we both have learned somthung new today sbrooks!
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

*something
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

CRAs will remove all addresses, unless they have a current credit or collections account associated with it. If there is a collection or credit account associated with the address, it takes a little more work, like speaking to a supervisor or the fraud assistance department.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know thanks, shouldn't be an issue for me, I've been at me residence for 5 years. If my ca's don't know where I am by now then they suck at their job
Message 9 of 11
Sbrooks1
Valued Contributor

No luck deleting !! I will try again tomorrow
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.