cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only thing holding us back are my judgements... Is there any hope?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Only thing holding us back are my judgements... Is there any hope?

Nope I'm not in one of those states and I was searching "court records" on my county's website, $12 a search regardless of results and $2.50 per item or something, ridiculous the only way I have hear of to do it free is go into their 3rd floor room w/ computers for free and look them up there so I guess I'll do that next week.

I'm going to probably try and consolidate ALL of my public records I can find, and then do a consolidation loan with Freedom Debt Relief or someone similar (assuming I can get the payment to stay around $500 or less) one of my Public Records is $5500 but apparently has gone up to $8500 in actuality (been 5 years or so) which also makes me wonder if I have to call all of these and verify actual amounts and try and come up with a settlement amount in writing before contacting the debt relief place for the loan w/ the new amounts (if we can agree on that).

I'm so beyond confused, I feel like I need to hire someone to do this for me.. I can't even find the things to get started.

Message 21 of 24
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Negotiate the amounts before you pay. All judgements accrue interest at the statutory rate while unpaid.  That's why it is best to attack the judgment early - the longer they stay on record the more interest that is added to the judgment.

Make sure you don't mention to the judgment holder that you are going to go for a house/mortgage - they really try to make you pay full freight if you indicate you want to get a mortgage because they know that the judgment has to be cleared before you can get a mortgage. Use a little negotiation strategy.  You might want to consider a good consumer attorney to negotiate on your behalf if you think your results won't be favorable. A good consumer attorney that knows how to negotiate judgments more than pays for their services.  

As to Freedom Debt Relief - they are not lenders.  They offer settlement programs and it is one of the worst ways to go. You will trash your credit if you use them or anything similar to a debt relief organization. How they negotiate settlements is having you pay them and then they don't pay all of your other creditors and use the $$ to pay off the judgments - but in the meantime your credit is trashed.  Stay far away. Look up reviews. Do some research.

Try a P2P type lender to help you such as Prosper or Lending Club or something similar. 

Message 22 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that advice on FDR!

(I wonder if I could use them ONLY for the judgments which are already in bad standing anyway, probably not).

We're actually now looking at houses my fiance can qualify for by herself (way cheaper, not really what we want) but figure we could buy something and live in it for 2-3 years (or more) maybe flip it a little bit and sell then hunt for the one we really want to call home once I've used that time (and much, much smaller housing payment) to help me take care of all my previous issues.... this is starting to seem like a good idea, the house won't be what we wanted but it will be ours (hers) and that is much nicer than having it be someone elses I'm thinking.

2-3 years from now I bet we can just get the one we want when I have things repaired... if we can find one we like in that price range of course.

Message 23 of 24
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Excellent plan!
Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.