Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a dispute to dispute a dispute????

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Open a dispute to dispute a dispute????

I'm getting ready to apply for an FHA loan and thanks to all of the input here, I think I am in pretty good shape. However, I did actually dispute a late payment, and am now attempting to have the dispute comments removed.  I followed the other thread(s) which outlined the process and included the telephone numbers, etc.  I have been successful with Experian,  and am waiting to hear back from Equifax (Dorothy).  My concern is TransUnion.  When I called, I was told they would have to open a dispute and needed 30 days to investigate the dispute comments.  I explained over and over that I wasn't disputing the account and just wanted to remove the "dispute" comments since I now agree with the late pay, but she insisted this was the process.  Does this seem accurate?  Should I call back and ask someone else?

Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Open a dispute to dispute a dispute????

And to add to it, I'm reading where many times once the dispute is removed, the score drops.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone?

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

And to add to it, I'm reading where many times once the dispute is removed, the score drops.  Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...

That's true but sometimes the score will go up. Portions of an OC account under dispute will not be scored by FICO. Among these are the balance, the CL, and the payment history. Other items like AAoA, scoring bucket, credit mix, account age, etc. including CAs and PRs are not removed or impacted by a dispute.

You'll just have to wait and see what happens. I know that's hard to do.

Message 4 of 5
bbb3601
Frequent Contributor

With your scores you can (if it happened) take a little hit and be ok!

NFCU Cash Rewards 20,000,NFCU Plat 17,000, NavCheck 15,000, USAA Cash 4,000, USSA Rate Adv 2,000, USAA AMEX 3,500, Freedom 2,000, Capital One 2,000, Barclay's Apple 1,500, Barclay's Ring 1500, Various Store Cards.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.