Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opinions please!

tag
S7
Established Contributor

Opinions please!

We have applied for a mortgage, and we of course had to include the check that my son, who is 9yrs old, and has Cerebral Palsy, get's each month. It is/was only $271 per month. Now, also, I received a $1.00 raise, and my husband went back to nights and received a ,50 differential pay. Due to these increases, my son's check has been terminated completely. We knew it would decrease, but we figured it would be around $150 or so. Well they cut it out completley. When we applied for his SSI, it was for the Mediciad for secondary insurance bc his therapies and botox injections for his muscles are out of network with our BCBS, but according to SSI, the Medicaid and check go together, though at the very beginning we told them we didn't come to them for the check. Regardless, after the app for the mortgage, we get the notice saying the check and ins would be terminated altogether.  Now, we are only applying for the mortgage in my name and income, and my sons check was only in my name as well, so now my "income" has been lowered. I was originally approved for $117,000, and now I wonder how far this $150, (what we told the lender we figured it would decrease to, bc we didnt realize they would cut it completley) will knock us down?

Thank you in advance!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Opinions please!

That's not going to make a huge difference. Plus; the fact that your husband works and has income not listed on the application is a strong compensating factor on allowing you to be a little high on DTI ratios
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 4
S7
Established Contributor

That is something I was wondering as well, since he is not listed on the app itself, will they take into consideration that I will have his income?

I was under the assumption they couldn't figure in his pay into the loan amount. 

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 3 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

They cant use his pay; hit if your DTI is high; they can use the fact that he has income too as a compensating factor. Here is a good explanation http://www.fhainfo.com/compensatingfactors.htm
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.