Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Counter Offer has been Accepted!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our Counter Offer has been Accepted!!!!

So our initial offer was counter offered and then our counter offer which fell along similar lines to our initial offer has now been accepted! We are so excited, but know there are still quite a few hoops to jump through. Also not long after this our lender told us we had passed automated underwriting and sent us a pre-approval letter. Wow, what a day!

So the next steps are to sign the contracts and get the house inspected, we were also told we need to do tests for termites, wood rot and radon. We will probably also opt for the sewer lines inspection too, due to the age of the property. I'm thinking of turning down the 1-yr home warranty and taking the risk that we wont need it.

So does anyone have any pointers from this stage forward? I really appreciate all the info I have received and read on this site. Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Our Counter Offer has been Accepted!!!!

Exciting!

Take the home warranty!!!  Absolutely take it!   Somethings go wrong, or you notice it's broken after you move in and you will want the affordable deductible to get a repair person out there.   I would say the exception would be if all appliances are brand new and have manufacture warranty OR if the appliances are yours coming in.

Read the warranty - does it cover only appliances?  does it cover electrical, plumbing, etc?

Pre-approved today, made the offer today.   Have the insurance quote.  Now the waiting game begins...thanks to Booner, I was reminded of the house having a home warranty.   I tell you, I think I heard my bank account give a loud sigh of relief.  I already know that I have some work to do on the house.  <--------  (Thinking very positively that the offer will be accepted immediately!)

From previous experience - one home had a fridge and a dryer that had to go, although the home inspector said they might have been ok, but he really couldn't verify.   One home had a fridge and washer and oven go pretty quickly.  The washer was 10-20 yrs old?   The fridge and oven were 30+ yrs old.

For me, it's was worth it the one time I had it.    Wished it had been available for the other house!

Message 2 of 4
Booner72
Senior Contributor

My advice is to make sure the inspector you hire has REFERENCES AND Don't watch any HGTV between now and the end of closing !  Smiley Happy

Definitely pay for the septic - they will drain it and inspect it all in one shot.  Then you know where you stand.  Worth the $ IMO.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 4
mauve
Valued Contributor

Made that mistake.  Good lord, Mike Holmes can give you some nightmares.

@Booner72 wrote:

My advice is to make sure the inspector you hire has REFERENCES AND Don't watch any HGTV between now and the end of closing !  Smiley Happy

Definitely pay for the septic - they will drain it and inspect it all in one shot.  Then you know where you stand.  Worth the $ IMO.

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.