Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our Story - Pre Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our Story - Pre Approved

Great story!  Good luck!  I am also in an area that has low inventory for my price range.  I need to speak to Shane.  What is his screename?

Message 11 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks guys, got an email that they would like everyone's best offer now, I beleive we are standing firm on our offer.

@Anonymous wrote:

Great story!  Good luck!  I am also in an area that has low inventory for my price range.  I need to speak to Shane.  What is his screename?

You can reach him at shane@thebesthomeloans.com

Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our offer wasnt accepted, but thats ok, we have a couple of other houses, we have our eye on Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 24
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

sorry it fell through....it's great to have a plan b.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dont be sorry mate, Im sure there are other houses and one will be ours Smiley Happy  

It all part of the life, we didnt get emotionally attached to the house we saw, so we dont feel bad about it.

Message 15 of 24
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

That's a great attitude to have!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update : 04/29/2015:

Saw a couple of houses over the weekend. Liked two of them.

Submitted offer on both of them.

One come back and the other one wasnt playing ball.

Here is how it went for the one that did accept our offer:

Saw a house for $254K last Saturday... We offered $245K including $5k closing cost on 04/25/2015

04/28/2015:

They came back with $248K, with no closing costs. We countered and said $242K with no closing costs. They countered again with $246K with no closing costs.

We didnt counter for $246k, we remained at $242K, they countered back with 244K with no closing costs.

We countered with $243K with no closing costs.

Offer Accepted Smiley LOL

We sent all the singed and initial offer contract back to our REA, we organised a attorney as well, our REA has organised an inspection for this Saturday 05/02/2015. Waiting on confirmation from the inspection company.

I also met our REA and gave her a cheque for $2430(1% escrow amount).

Things are slowly happening, thanks alot guys, all those positive vibes from you guys is helping alot Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 24
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations! You are under contract now! Here are some more good vibes for a great inspection result and a smooth journey to closing Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Congratulations! You are under contract now! Here are some more good vibes for a great inspection result and a smooth journey to closing Smiley Happy

Thanks mate Smiley Happy

Shane is pretty confident that if our situation remains as it is now, closing wont be an issue, as long as we dont quit our jobs or take out any more debts.

Edit: Are we allowed to use our credit cards for normal day-day expenses without affecting our closing? I remember seeing like a list here, on what no to do before closing,, cant seem to find it lol

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

We just received our clear to close, which should be June 10th 2015.

Our rate lock period expires on June 8th, we did ask the seller to close on June 8th, but they declined.

The sellers were more than happy to close on June 8th, but possession of the house to be given on June 10th with no rent, we declined that request, as it is too risky.

Shane mentioned that our rate of 4.00% can be extended for another week, but it is going to cost some money to extend it.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.