cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our USDA Direct timeline- closed on 108th day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our USDA Direct timeline -- 78 days & counting!

They never asked for my bank statements again, but they did ask for paystubs so you may want to get those in as well. Hopefully you can get it all done early next week. Enjoy your holiday and dont stress. You are totally in the home stretch! I got the carpet up in my master bed today...and picked up the wood to replace that hideous pink mess.

Message 41 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh, good to know, thanks. I forgot to mention (somehow!) that the transmission in our truck went out Tuesday, so we rented a car for 2 weeks & ordered a $1,600 replacement transmission for my husband & his friend to install. Lots of money is flowing out at a really crucial point in our loan. 

Message 42 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

money is flowing here too Smiley Surprised Got the carpet up and ordered the new flooring. Finished paying for my bedroom furniture (I splurged on the real good stuff) ordered my kitchen table (same damn corner high top table I gave away 6 years ago because I figured I would never find a place where it would work again and here I sit...) But I think I have stopped the bleeding at that. Theres some more in the pipeline, but I got everything I "needed". And with my post close app spree I've got some 0 percent deals to play with. Fortunately my income is low enough (who says that???) that I basically had to have no debt to get the mortgage. Hopefully you guys get closed next week, have a great holiday weekend, relax, and have a drink and watch the boys do the transmission heh.

Message 43 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our USDA Direct timeline -- 79 days & counting!

@Anonymous wrote:

money is flowing here too Smiley Surprised Got the carpet up and ordered the new flooring. Finished paying for my bedroom furniture (I splurged on the real good stuff) ordered my kitchen table (same damn corner high top table I gave away 6 years ago because I figured I would never find a place where it would work again and here I sit...) But I think I have stopped the bleeding at that. Theres some more in the pipeline, but I got everything I "needed". And with my post close app spree I've got some 0 percent deals to play with. Fortunately my income is low enough (who says that???) that I basically had to have no debt to get the mortgage. Hopefully you guys get closed next week, have a great holiday weekend, relax, and have a drink and watch the boys do the transmission heh.

Heyyy, I'm glad you mentioned that. I've been wondering when the best time to apply for a car loan through DCU would be? Obviously, after closing, but how long after? It seems like you were off & running on applications before the ink even dried on your closing documents! 

Message 44 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our USDA Direct timeline -- 79 days & counting!

I opted back in to prescreened offers as soon as I got CTC. My prequals were all ready to go the day before I closed. I planned on 3 cards, but just kinda kept going since everything kept coming up instant approve. Once they put the keys in your hands I doubt theres much chance of do overs lol. I stopped when BOA better balance rewards came back pending (it wasn't really on my list but i figured bombs away!) It got approved for 2k, so I got everything I applied for, 6 total cards. eesh. But I have money saved to spend, and so its probably the perfect time for me to have some bonus minimums. Had I known all 6were gonna be yes, I may have planned a bit differently, but I had worries about sallie mae (short history) and the freedom despite the prequal as I fall squarely under the 5 newaccounts that people seem to be getting bonked for. BBR was a longer term plan but I figured whats another inquiry? And I don't plan to app for anything for 12 months now anyway, so as long as there were stillbullets in the gun may as well keep shooting. Plus I wanted to get em all done with my old adress still showing (a new adress can trigger a slight score drop) and I have the month of july paid at my old place.

Message 45 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our USDA Direct timeline-- Commitment of Funding!

Holy cow, after 89 days under contract, we finally have our Funding Commitment and Notification of Loan Closing documentation! It arrived this morning vial email & lists no further conditions beyond title insurance & an attorney's opinion of the title. No closing date is listed & we have no idea when that will occur since everything needs to be sent off (happening this morning) via UPS for final processing. 

Here's a picture of Pfarro1 & myself. He's all happy & done while I'm back there crawling on bloody hands & knees, desperate to finish this marathon of red tape.

Message 46 of 91
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Re: Our USDA Direct timeline-- Commitment of Funding!

LMAO....now that was funny!!!!

Congratulations!!!!! It's all downhill from here.  *i'm still laughing*

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 47 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inching is better than sitting around not knowing what the heck is going on...when-your-mom-tries-to-dance.gif

of course this is more like me, dancing on my new floors in the bedrooms on thursday Smiley Happy

Message 48 of 91
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

LMAO....y'all need to stop!!!!  LMAO!!!!!!!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 49 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our USDA Direct timeline-- 90 days & counting under contract

LOL @ pfarro1's slick dance moves! I'm laughing even harder at frugalQ's reaction though! 

Yesterday I asked for the tracking number for our file that's being sent via UPS to another office less than 2 hours away for underwriting. This is the current status, 24 hours later:

waiting.jpg

Message 50 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.