cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Our mortgage company transferred our account and the new one lost our escrow.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our mortgage company transferred our account and the new one lost our escrow.

Because of the new company lost our escrow amount our mortgage was late for over 4 months and never told us about it until they hit us with a foreclosure papers..Needless to say we got it fixed with our mortgage lender.

problem now is it hit my husband credit really bad, and we wanted to refinance...by next year because that's when our fix rate will balloon.

what can we do to get the score back up besides paying on time...

the old mortgage company reported it can we dispute this on his report and will it help it.

thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Our mortgage company transferred our account and the new one lost our escrow.

Contact the lender who reported it and explain to them that THEIR MISTAKE has damaged you. You need it all corrected immediately or you WILL BE COLLECTING damages in court.

Be nice.

Document every conversation  

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Our mortgage company transferred our account and the new one lost our escrow.

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

Contact the lender who reported it and explain to them that THEIR MISTAKE has damaged you. You need it all corrected immediately or you WILL BE COLLECTING damages in court.

Be nice.

Document every conversation  

Great advice. I would do the same. The way credit card companies, etc. are taking adverse action on accounts I would not delay in getting this settled ASAP!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.