Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of the loop refinance question!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of the loop refinance question!!!

Hey, we have a home with a 2 fixed loans a 178k 1st and 82k 2nd. We have 5%-7% equity in the home and I'm trying to figure out what is available these days for a refinance.

The reason for the refinance..... is our rates are 6.5% 1st and 7.85% 2nd both 30 year fixed and I'm trying to see if we can get something lower with the small amount of equity we have left. We pay extra every month, but it sure would be great to get locked in with something lower.

Our credit scores are 660-710 between the 2 of us DTI is under 20% any thoughts?

Our Income is 140K+ verifiable with 7yr+ at the same job. No lates in over 2 years.
Message Edited by jasil on 01-09-2009 07:56 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Out of the loop refinance question!!!

you should be able to get something in the 5s for a 95% + pmi

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

you need to apply and bring the gfe here for review. it might make sense, maybe not. remember, pmi will go away someday if you stay long enough.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

you need to apply and bring the gfe here for review. it might make sense, maybe not. remember, pmi will go away someday if you stay long enough.

Indeed.  Also, one can get out from under PMI faster by making extra principal payments to bring the principal down to the LTV where they'll drop PMI.  When my wife and I bought in 2002 we put about 13% down, then over the next few years made extra principal payments and were able to drop PMI in 2006.

TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 4 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@MattH wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

Indeed.  Also, one can get out from under PMI faster by making extra principal payments to bring the principal down to the LTV where they'll drop PMI.  When my wife and I bought in 2002 we put about 13% down, then over the next few years made extra principal payments and were able to drop PMI in 2006.

pmi is not a problem on a long term homeownership strategy.

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.