Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PA Tax Escrow

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PA Tax Escrow

Hey guys, it's me again ^_^. Does the lender have the right to decide how many months of taxes I have to have in escrow up front, or is there a general standard they have to adhere by? I'm closing Nov. 13th 2009 & they are saying I need 8-14 months from estimates I got from previous realtors.

Thanks for your input in advance!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: PA Tax Escrow

I believe they cannot have more than 2 months of reserves beyond what is needed for the next payment

PA is EXPENSIVE to close in because of the way things are done there.

This is hard to explain but i will try

Lets say taxes are paid twice a year and the next payment is due in three months

That means they will likely collect 5 months

The three months that should already be there plus the 2 months of reserves

If it is 2 months until it is due and it is yearly payment they could collect up to 12 months

10+2

It is really based on how the taxes are collected in your county

Good Luck

B

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

why doesn't that surprise me
Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

PA also has a variety of taxes, school/city & county.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.