Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PAYING HOME DOWN PAYMENT + YEARLY PROP TAXES WITH CASH BACK CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PAYING HOME DOWN PAYMENT + YEARLY PROP TAXES WITH CASH BACK CC

Is paying for your home down payment or your yearly property taxes possible with a credit card?  If so how do you set this up?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PAYING HOME DOWN PAYMENT + YEARLY PROP TAXES WITH CASH BACK CC

I don't know for sure but it seems unlikely. It would essentially be "borrowing" the money and that's typically not allowed.
Message 2 of 5
MattH
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I don't know for sure but it seems unlikely. It would essentially be "borrowing" the money and that's typically not allowed.

Correct, it is not allowed.  See here for more details:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditnews&message.id=4333#M4333

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=loans&message.id=20399#M20399
Message Edited by MattH on 06-14-2009 07:33 PM
TU 791 02/11/2013, EQ 800 1/29/2011 , EX Plus FAKO 812, EX Vantage Score 955 3/19/2010 wife's EQ 9/23/2009 803
EX always was my highest when we could pull all three
Always remember: big print giveth, small print taketh away
If you dunno what tanstaafl means you must Google it
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've heard of such things using a prepayment to a point-awarding card such as Amex, for example, and then using the credit balance for payment. But, of course, you have to have the cash to pay the card company first...
Message 4 of 5
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

I believe in California you can pay your property taxes with a credit card, but there's a 2.5% surcharge for the convenience.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.