Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Charge OFF

tag
cdub69
Regular Contributor

PFD Charge OFF

I have a charge off that will be deleted in Jan 2011.I am looking to get a mortgage in july of this year.Should I send a PFD letter or is the charge off so old it wouldn't matter?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Charge OFF

I don't think that something that old would make a significant difference in your score or affect your ability to qualify for a mortgage - provided that your recent credit history is otherwise good.  I had a 5 year old CO on my report when I qualified for a mortgage in 2006.  My score was close to 800 at the time, and there were no hitches in the application process.  Of course, that was during a time when lending guidelines were still loose, but I still don't think that you need to be worried about your CO.

Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PFD Charge OFF

@Lel wrote:

I don't think that something that old would make a significant difference in your score or affect your ability to qualify for a mortgage - provided that your recent credit history is otherwise good.  I had a 5 year old CO on my report when I qualified for a mortgage in 2006.  My score was close to 800 at the time, and there were no hitches in the application process.  Of course, that was during a time when lending guidelines were still loose, but I still don't think that you need to be worried about your CO.

Also Lel is there is chance that if a PFD was sent that this would update activity on this account and might make it look like a very recent CO? Could that be an unintended consequence? Or would the lender use common sense and see that this CO was very old. I'm just curious.

From a BK years ago to:

9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
4/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.