Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PITI payment question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PITI payment question

does the PITI amount contain ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING you pay for the house? in my contract it says principle and interest, property taxes, and homeowner's insurance. are there any other costs that come with buying a house? or is this it? i'm trying to make a budget to see what we need to be prepared for.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

Re: PITI payment question

PITI is the total payment each month  after you buy the house. 

Message 2 of 5
cdtotten
Established Contributor

Obviously you need to factor in your utilities (electric/gas, water/septic, tv/internet/phone, etc.). Additionally, your neighborhood may have home owners association dues, but you would know about that I would think. While budgetting, I would also set aside 2-3% of the home value for repairs each year.

Starting Score: 627 EQ, 621 TU - 11/15/08
Current Score: 778 EQ, 781 TU, 778 EXP 07/20/12 Lender Pull
Goal Score: 800 EQ & TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, thanks!

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes, i have put all those expenses into our budget, exaggerating the costs just in case (lol) we don't have the homeowner's association fee, it's a newly established neighborhood. i guess i wasn't clear enough but i meant the taxes and all that. i looked into the website of bell county in texas and i think we're covered having everything in the mortgage.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.