Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PITI question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PITI question

Hi,

I plan to make an offer soon on a townhome.  Part of the offer will be that the HOA is paid by seller for the first year.  Will the HOA fee still be included in the PITI calculation?

Thanks!
JP
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PITI question

HOA fees are completely separate and are not included in the monthly PITI calculation.
Message 2 of 6
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

jeffy...PITI = Principle, Interest, Taxes and Insurance.

Do you mean to ask if it is included in your DTI?  (Debt to Income)
takin' it one day at a time
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi...thanks for getting back with me.  Well, I was using the formula for PITI from ShanetheMortgageGuy, and it says to include HOA fees.

PITI: Principal-Interest-Taxes-Insurance is the total housing expense on a monthly basis.  Also includes homeowners association fees, and monthly mortgage insurance if applicable.

The seller has offered to pay the HOA fee for the first year, so do I have to include that in my calculation? 

Thanks!
JP
Message 4 of 6
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

jeffy.....definitely do as shane says!! 

I would ask your lender if they will include this in PITI.....technically you will be paying HOA fee's, just 12 months down the road. (deferred )
takin' it one day at a time
Message 5 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Yup yup, HOA fees will be included in the DTI calculation... even if they are paid by the seller for the first year.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.