Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMI / 15% Downpayment

tag
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

PMI / 15% Downpayment

If I put down 15% towards to purchase price, how much could I expect to pay monthly? and at want point would PMI be cancelled.

Loan amount $183,000.00
30 Year Fixed Conventional

Any imput would be appreciated!

Thank you.

Great Credit is Sexy Smiley Wink EQ 793 / TU 791 / EX 773, 6/2017
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: PMI / 15% Downpayment

At 85% and a credit score the first lender rate sheet I could find still offering Lender Paid MI is charging .85% (.85 of one point) to elimiate the MI
Not bad but you could put just 10% down and it is 1.4%
May be able to save a few dllars in your pocket? I dont know your situation but always good to look at all options

Brian
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 2 of 6
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

Hi Brian,

Any idea how long I would have to pay PMI with 15% down? 

Wells Fargo used my mid score of 743.

Message Edited by inquring_minds on 08-26-2008 05:51 PM
Message 3 of 6
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Until you get the balance down to 80% and you can convince them that they should remove it.
It will probably take a few years paying the amortized payment on a 30 yr note as it is almost all interest in the beginning.

Does Wells offer lender paid MI? Ask your LO to see what they say. Ask how much to buy it or how much to adjust the rate for it?

If you can afford to pay cash it is a WISE choice because even with the best MI rates you will still be looking at .64% a year pay that one time and you will come out ahead in year three on either of the levels I posted

Brian
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 4 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

pay it up front..... it may be tax deductible.

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 6
inquring_minds
Regular Contributor

I will let you gentlement know tomorrow after I speak with the LO.

Thanks!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.