Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMI Score Exceptions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PMI Score Exceptions

My DH score is 717, 3 points short of a conventional loan approval.  Our lender said he can try to get an exception from the Mortgage insurance company.  Has anyone had experience of this happening?

We have 2 credit cards with balances.  Capital one with a $73 balance and a Wamu card with $48 balance.  I also disputed 2 old paid collections which I am going to cancel because of what I read with the reporting date renewing.  I just dunno where I can boost him 3 points.

Any help would be apprciated.  Thank you.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: PMI Score Exceptions

Do you see any unauthorized credit inquiries on your creditor inquiry list?  If so you might be able to get a few points.

What is your situation (LTV, loan amount, location) and why are they saying a 720 score is needed?  Most PMI providers have the similar score requirements but not all are identical.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We are doing 90% LTV.  I am hoping those bringing those 2 little balance will help raise the score by 3 points.  The 2 other collections has a reporting date of 6/2008 and 10/2008, those dates was when we paid them.  I will leave those in dispute cuz maybe they will delete it before the drop off date of next year.

Our lender submitted a request for an exception.  He won't know if it was approved until the appaisal is finished.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our loan amount is 395K in Los Angeles, Harbor City to be exact.  We don't have any unauthorized credit inquries on our reports.  We have 5 credit cards, 3 with 0 balance and the 2 cards with $73 and $48 balance.

Message 4 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Yup all PMI companies are requiring a 720 score here in Los Angeles now for your situation.  If you were in a market where values weren't declining I'd say there is a chance to get a FICO score exception - however in Los Angeles the odds won't be very good.  Have you looked into FHA financing as an alternative in case you aren't able to get your score to the 720 level?

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which companies are the collections with???...I would search them in the myFICO search box to see if others have had success with GWing them....if so...type up a GW letter and send it to them...fax if possible...or even call...and see if they will be willing to delete since you PIF...

If they agree get them to fax you a letter saying they will delete from all CRAs...then get your lender to do a rapid rescore...

Message Edited by slyhouse08 on 01-13-2009 03:46 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We will be doing a FHA as a back up plan.  Our offer was written up as a conventional loan.  We do plan on doing a FHA loan as a back up plan.  We have to remove loan contingencies on 1/18 and we hope the buyer doesn't back out because we changed from conventional to FHA.

We are waiting on some account updates.  This should happen in 2-3 days.  Will know more by then.  3 points!  So close yet feels so far Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.