Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Panicking Some More.. Lates & Underwriting

tag
otite
Established Member

Panicking Some More.. Lates & Underwriting

My file is still with the underwriter. My LO asked the I write LOE for the only Late I have on my credit from last year JUNE. I have 30&60 day late for my Student loan. My LO still gave me a go ahead and said the underwriter will use the LOE.

I missed the payments because I thought that I had a 6 month Grace period after finishing Graduate school. Well I did get a grace period for my graduate loans but not for my undergraduate loans. UG loan are due the day you finish your graduate program.

Question..

Can my Loan be denied because of the lates? These are the only lates on my credit and I got a preapproval letter from my LO who knew this information. Panicking because we were supposed to close this week.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
fdiggy
New Contributor

Re: Panicking Some More.. Lates & Underwriting

Depends on many things, how high is the DTI, credit score, i would think if they are on the fence its a strong reason to deny.

If DTI is low credit score good otherwise its no problem. Every loan is specific.

How much the down payment is. All of that is looked at on the process and determining risk on the loan.

Starting Score: 701
Current Score: EX-FICO701 EQ-FICO644 TU-FICO724 all lender pulls April 2nd 2013
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.