cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paranoia - can mortgage lender see balances that haven't reported yet?

tag
scooby72

Paranoia - can mortgage lender see balances that haven't reported yet?

With closing approaching soon (less than 30 days now), I'm getting a bit paranoid about some credit card charges we may need to make in the near future. Take this scenario:

1. Credit card reports to the bureaus on the 24th of the month
  2. Charge is made on the card on the 28th
  3. Mortgage lender does the final soft pull on the 5th of the next month (8 days after the charge)

Does the lender have some magic way of seeing that charge on the 28th even though it hasn't reported? It probably isn't anything to worry about anyway, since even if the charges did show up somehow we'd still have lower utilization than we did when we apped for the loan, but I want to keep things looking as squeaky-clean as possible until I have the keys. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Paranoia - can mortgage lender see balances that haven't reported yet?

No, not unless the CC does a mid-month reporting on your balance.  Otherwise they can't tell.

Message 2 of 3
scooby72

Re: Paranoia - can mortgage lender see balances that haven't reported yet?

Good, the only issuer that I've had odd reporting behavior with is U.S. Bank, and I wasn't planning on using those cards for that very reason.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.