Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passed the closing date....

tag
Mikemom
Established Member

Passed the closing date....

Ok my closing date was schedule for the 16th. We passed that date because the sellers had to paint the ouside shutters and door frame because of chipping. Then we had to schedule an final inspection before we can go to final underwriting. Well a week and  a half before closing we told the seller they had to paint the outside. They said OK they would hire someone. ( the seller is the bank so no one is living there at the moment). They had someone come out to paint Saturday the 10th. Since my sister stay near by I asked her on Sunday could she check to see how they did. Come to find out they ONLY painted one shutter out of four. Why would they do that. If all of them needed painted. So of course Monday was Veterans day so they bank was closed. Luckily my processor was in the office when I emailed her about the situation. Because she ordered the final inspection that Monday morning when she saw my email stating that they were painting on Saturday. The seller was out of town and the person who painted could not come back until Tuesday afternoon. I could not wait that long the appraiser would be back out any day now. So I went to home depot got some paint and did it myself. But why on earth would you paint just one shutter.

Anyways the inspection came back on Friday my processor  put in a rush to the underwriter. This week is thanksgiving so I have no clue when I will close and I have to close by the 26th or my application will expire.

I want to scream!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Passed the closing date....

Have you filled an extension? I would be on the phone with your LO every day to stay updated. Keep us updated

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.