Barbie777
Established Member

Re: Paying extra to loan's principal

Yes, Wells Fargo brought our loan too. 

Message 11 of 15
IOBA
Senior Contributor

My own experience with Wells Fargo when they had my mortgage - they kept applying extra principle payments to the future payments.  And they kept loosing them, although they were done electronically from their website.  *eye roll*   Every time I made a payment, I would have to call and follow up with them to find out where my payment was and have them correct how they applied the money.

In my state (way back when) they did not have branches.   And the mortgage division actually had the balls to tell me that I could not send in multiple payments each month because they were NOT a bank!!!  (I know, right??  They  were just lazy....and I knew they were a bank.   They just didn't have branches in my state and  would not allow me to open a checking or savings account for that very reason.)

I divorced the bank after a year.   

Message 12 of 15
Barbie777
Established Member

Hopefully, Wells Fargo has gotten its act together. I monitor all accounts daily. I realize that lazy employees are everywhere.LOL!

Message 13 of 15
mamahearts
Frequent Contributor

My husband and I both get paid every 2 weeks on the same weeks.  A few times a year we get an extra paycheck each.  So we have set up our budget for the bills that have to be paid with the first paycheck of the month and the ones that have to be paid with the second paycheck of the month.  The months that we'll have an extra paycheck we're going to pay an extra house payment towards the principle and put some extra money in savings. 

myFICO starting TU 683 8/26/11
myFICO starting EQ 645 8/26/11
myFICO EQ 652 9/26
Message 14 of 15
Barbie777
Established Member

I like that idea Mammahearts!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.