Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying on the 30th

tag
dpage
Contributor

Paying on the 30th

Hello,

I was wondering if a mortgage is paid on the 30th day of the month will it get reported on my credit report? Or does it have to go past 30 days for it to get reported? How does that work? Any insight would be  much appreciated.

Thanks,

Proud home owner
Lender Pull 03/28/2011 EQ:708 TU:698 EXP:709

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Paying on the 30th

Some lenders report you 30 days late when you have paid any time during the month, after the "grace period".

Some people have reported that they can pay anytime in the month it's due and not be reported 30 days late.

Who is your lender?

Message 2 of 6
dpage
Contributor

Wells Fargo. We had an emergency earlier this month that took a substantial amount of cash,I'm trying my best to pay it before the 30th but more than likely it won't be until then.

Proud home owner
Lender Pull 03/28/2011 EQ:708 TU:698 EXP:709

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would call them and ask. I know with my lender it has to be paid by the 30th or 31st or else I will be marked late.

Message 4 of 6
BGinVA
Contributor

This is what I have done before being uncertain myself.  Do not consider this advice, as its likely not good advice, but has worked for me, ymmv.  If I KNOW the money will be there on the 30th (say my direct deposit will hit at midnight for certain), I have overnighted a check on the 28th, it arrived on the 29th with a tracking confirmation to prove it, it was posted to my account on that day, but the check didn't clear my bank until the following day, the 30th, no late for me. 

Message 5 of 6
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Hi and sorry for your stress.

Everything I have read, over and over, is that if you are going to be late or might be late, or before you get late, etc etc is to CALL THE LENDER so they can work w/ you and know what is going on.

If it was me, Id just call and be straight up w/ them about when the payment will be there.  Playing beat the bank is risky on many levels for such an important payment for your FICO and your relationship w/ your lender.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.