Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peachtree Community Atlanta, GA "HORRIBLE BUILDERS"

tag
nubian7723
Established Member

Peachtree Community Atlanta, GA "HORRIBLE BUILDERS"

I"m in the process of buying my first home. I went with peachtree communities as the builder. The floor model that they advertise is not what they are actually building, the short you on square footage, their customer service is horrible, and there homes are not appraising for what they are selling them for. The worst thing about this whole situation is that they don't return your phone calls concerning issues that arise with the building of the home. They expect for you to not say anything about the errors that they make throughout the process. Their sales agents "SUCKS"!!!!! I wish that I had better knowledge about this builder and their lack of professionalism. It's unfortunate that I cannot walk away from this contract because I have extra money invested into this property with the additional upgrades that I paid up front for. This first time home buyers process has been a total nightmare!!! Buyers "BE AWARE"!!!!!!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Catacam
Frequent Contributor

Re: Peachtree Community Atlanta, GA "HORRIBLE BUILDERS"

Richmond America does the same thing! In our case, the changes to the "Version" we bought were great, but I have a friend whose home completely changed....

CLOSED ON OUR FIRST HOME MAY 30TH!!!

Starting Score: TU 589 EQ 526 EX603
Current Score: TU 635 EQ 603 EX ??
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 18
nubian7723
Established Member

that's awesome when it's for the better of the plan, but when it takes away square footage from the home is ridiculous, and not to return phone calls concerning issues that arise is very upsetting! Congrats on closing!

Message 3 of 18
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

OMG...I was looking at their website today. The prices they are offering for the sqft made me think they were shady.

You have confirmed my thought!!

Thank you for posting this!!
AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 4 of 18
nubian7723
Established Member

@frugalq, I'm glad that this is helping you. I wish I had been warned myself. They show you their model and then build you something totally different. They are some beautiful homes, but not worth the price. Their sales agents will make you want to hunt them down and give them a piece of your mind! Half the time they don't even know which customer that they are talking to, which lot you have purchased, and they don't even walk the lots to make sure that the homes are being build to specifications. My sales agent said that she noticed that they had built the wrong elevation and said nothing, nor did she try to get it fixed. It took me calling the coorporate office in order to get the elevation fixed, not only that, but the upgrades that I had in my contract was not being built into the home. I wish that I had known what I know now, and I am a first time home buy, this experience is one of the worst that I've encountered. I wish that I had not invested extra money into this.

Message 5 of 18
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

strange floor plans....they must be some huge rooms.  4000 sq ft and not even a second living room?  (or family room depending upon where you're from).

I don't think the prices seem all that strange but I have nothing that puts them in perspective. 

I've never heard of a builder removing sq ft from a floor plan either, only adding....very fishy on their behalf.  Is it too late for you to go with another builder?  I probably would throw a fit at red line if i was losing house and back out.

Message 6 of 18
nubian7723
Established Member

@basballguy, it is too late for me to walk, because I will not get my earnest money back along with the extra cash that I already paid to upfront for upgrades. I won't know the exact square footage until after the appraisal. They are a shady company floor plans make sense, but again no living area, no bonus rooms, the library is structured to be used as a spare bedroom, the models are beautiful, but if only the gave you what your paying for. Also, their homes have not been appraising for what they are selling them for, which is holding up on a lot of ppl closing on their homes. If only I knew.....their sales agents "SUCK"!!!!!

Message 7 of 18
basballguy
Frequent Contributor

I don't know if this gives you any more comfort but from what I undestand, that's happening everywhere (appraisal issue).  My builder told me there is the potential for the same thing to happen with their homes due to some new appraisal rules imposed.  They go as far as requiring additional earnest money for upgrades that don't immediately impact appraisal value (media room upgrades, fixtures, etc).  I hope the extra cash towards the home helps you hit appraisal for your loan. 

Message 8 of 18
thross8512
New Contributor

@nubian7723 wrote:

I"m in the process of buying my first home. I went with peachtree communities as the builder. The floor model that they advertise is not what they are actually building, the short you on square footage, their customer service is horrible, and there homes are not appraising for what they are selling them for. The worst thing about this whole situation is that they don't return your phone calls concerning issues that arise with the building of the home. They expect for you to not say anything about the errors that they make throughout the process. Their sales agents "SUCKS"!!!!! I wish that I had better knowledge about this builder and their lack of professionalism. It's unfortunate that I cannot walk away from this contract because I have extra money invested into this property with the additional upgrades that I paid up front for. This first time home buyers process has been a total nightmare!!! Buyers "BE AWARE"!!!!!!

Did everything work out for you?  I was just on their website today.  The model home is beautiful but after reading this I am not so sure.

Message 9 of 18
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

I am so very sorry to hear of your experience. I am a sales counselor with a national builder. The difference between an owner-spec home vs a builder's model home [I call ours the Design Studio Field Home] is always huge. Most models are designed to display options and display the "model" home in all conditions of light [day and night] so it is overbuilt to do that job. If a buyer orders a home identical to a builder's model home, that home will never appraiser.

Keeping that in mind, I recommend that you engage an attorney to review your purchase documents for complaince with the product that is being delivered. You describe some huge problems and there is no way that a builder can force you to lose your EMD if what you describe is true.

Also, please contact the local builders' association and ask for a metting with the president of the organization. If your builder is a member, the association management will very likely "encourage" that builder to make things right with you.

All the best.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.