Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Loans with Lower Scores

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal Loans with Lower Scores

Hello!
I am wondering if anyone has had luck getting a personal loan to consolidate and pay off bills.  My scores are 521, 550, and 578.  I have 11 years of credit with several autos pif.  I have derog over 3 years ago, but nothing since.

THANKS!
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Personal Loans with Lower Scores

New here but I am a Credit Analyst w/ an auto company and have been in the finance business for some time. If you don't have a relationship w/ a small Credit Union I would encourage that, because even with lower scores they tend to have more leniency when it comes to scores, as long as you pay them they will overlook the other stuff for the most part. Or you can try places like Household Finace, American General, & Wells Fargo if they have local branches in your area.
Hope that helps
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone get a good interest rate with Household, HSBC or the like even if they have OK scores? I'm afraid they will come back with a 30% interest rate like I have heard so many times, and a wasted IQ.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got a secured loan from the credit union with my 578.

Now I  read where it would be a good idea to pay off the loan and try for another secured loan as the pay off will raise my score. Any thoughts on this strategy? I'm rather desperate to raise my score as I can't even rent an apartment here in the SF Bay area with my sad little 578.

What other banks would anyone recommend for secured loans.

Thanks

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No HSBC Sucks.  32.99 on $10K
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes HSBC and the others that I mentioned will charge you a ridiculous rate, but if you can't wait until your scores go up and if you don't have a credit union then that may be your only option for the time being. Then turn around and refi it once you improve your overall credit. But not sure if the interest you pay waiting for you scores to improve will be worth it
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.