Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physician mortgage Loan.

tag
Pirate88
New Visitor

Physician mortgage Loan.

Hello,

My wife will be graduating medical school in the next few weeks. We are going to do a Physician Mortgage - so the bank pulls credit and my score comes back at 719 which is one point away. ( lender says I need to bring it up) Would my score increase one point by paying some debt down and not opening any credit cards or missing any payments?

I should note that the lender did send a "pre-qualification" letter stating he had reviewed our
Assets and income has qualified us for 100% physician loan at $xxx,xxx and a PiTi of $x,xxx.

Thanks for all the help
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
los_west
Regular Contributor

Re: Physician mortgage Loan.

In my experience, paying the utilization down on my credit cards made the biggest and quickest score jumps.

Congrats on your graduation and potential new home!

Starting Score: (04/18/2013) EX 572, TU 577, EQ 554
Currently: (12/2014) EX ?, TU ?, EQ 766 (new version)
Lender Pull (12/03/14): EX 759, TU 750, EQ 766
Message 2 of 4
Pirate88
New Visitor

Thanks - I have paid on them and do not use them at all anymore, I have also paid my leased car off so that payment is no longer there - I do not plan and getting another car. I have an old farm truck that I am going to drive. I just hope my score has come up 1 point since then - what I can figure out is that the bank went ahead and sent that pre-qual letter saying we've been pre-qualified for the 100% Physician mortgage loan and the letter was good for 60 days.
Message 3 of 4
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@los_west wrote:

In my experience, paying the utilization down on my credit cards made the biggest and quickest score jumps.

Congrats on your graduation and potential new home!

Yep, that's the fastest way to bump your FICO score ~ ideally you'd want to have all cards reporing zero balances, except for one card which should have a smallish amount, less than 9% of it's credit limit.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.