Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Piggy back Mortgage

tag
cdub69
Regular Contributor

Piggy back Mortgage

I am currently engaged and my fiance has 800 score.She already owns a home.Is it possible to get on her existing mortgage loan to boost my score without hurting her score?My score is only 625

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Piggy back Mortgage

My understanding is no, you can't do this with installment credit. It would have to be a re-fi with both of you on it, and they'd go with your scores, assuming that they're lower. AU's only work with revolving credit (i.e., CC's), and not all of them report AU cards. And even then, we don't know if Experian still credits them, since we haven't been able to access our EX FICO's in nearly two years, so we don't have any feedback as to whether they're being scored.

I will gladly accept any correction on this from those with personal experience in this area!  Smiley Very Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.