Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pins and Needles-Mortage Approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Pins and Needles-Mortage Approval

I just wanted to share that I am on pins and needles awaiting notice from my LO that my DH and I have been approved. i am sure many others have felt this same anxiety!This process has been the most stressful, gut wrenching and nerve-wrecking process ever! But, we are at the finish line, I just know it.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
creditisbetter2
Contributor

Re: Pins and Needles-Mortage Approval

I want to save you some pins and needles if I can. We never heard from our LO that we were approved. I was unsure all the way up until we went to closing. I kept asking why no one cared to share that info with us but what I was told is that they don't necessarily tell you that you are approved, you are approved when you pass underwriting and have a closing date set. I found that an odd practice but whatever. Saying all that to say you will be fine. If they don't call, I wouldn't worry because it's when they call asking for tons more stuff that you should start stressing. Either that or find an ally in the office who can keep you updated every week.
Message 2 of 7
Booner72
Senior Contributor

My LO told me almost every day what was going on, including saying that automated underwriting approved me, etc etc.  So I had a different experience than the previous poster.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am going through a new construction and the LO keeps making references such as  "closing in May",  "send the bank statements as our GFD clear", and other things which ALLUDE to being approved. *fingers still crossed*.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, we just received the news- WE ARE APPROVED! Now construction can begin! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 7
creditisbetter2
Contributor

That is awesome, congrats to you.  Now the fun begins.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Pins and Needles-Mortgage Approval

@Anonymous wrote:

I just wanted to share that I am on pins and needles awaiting notice from my LO that my DH and I have been approved. i am sure many others have felt this same anxiety!This process has been the most stressful, gut wrenching and nerve-wrecking process ever! But, we are at the finish line, I just know it.

Hello -

What did you do to increase your scores in such a short amount of time?  I am looking to increase my scores (and rebuild in general), however I want to obtain a mortgage loan in March or April of 12.  My scores from the mortgage lender in Sept. 11 were 639, 663 and 586.

I have been advised to look into Ox Publishing and USA Gold cards.

Any help you can provide would be great.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.