Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning to buy a House found Judgment on court that is open, but

tag
recoverysauce
Valued Member

Planning to buy a House found Judgment on court that is open, but

The Judgement is from 2005 on a loan for a car that was discharged in CH7 in 2006.

The court site says this File Date:12-AUG-05Status: OPENCase Descripton:CERTIFICATE OF JUDGMENTCase Action:CERTIFICATE OF JUDGMENT TO STAY FROM ANOTHER OHIO COURT with an amount of 2891.1  @ 25% interest. Now my BK is off my CR as it has been 10 years. 

I was not aware of this being open in the court dockets for public record. Is this something that can hurt when applying for credit, esp for Home loan? If so any suggestions what I should do to try to get it closed or removed from court or is that possible? 

Thanks for any help. I really want to make that first home purchase.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: Planning to buy a House found Judgment on court that is open, but

You can show the lender that you discharged it in Bk. It would be on your petition (the debt). You can download a copy from PACER if you don't have one.

Message 2 of 4
recoverysauce
Valued Member

Could this being open on public court records currently be a reason some lenders may not want to lend to me? even though I do not see it on my CR?

Do I just go in letting them know I filed a BK in 2006 which no longer is on my credit report and here is the paper work for it, or let them tell me?

Thanks again for anyones help.

Message 3 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

let them know up front.... so they can deal with it.

they will find it anyway

they may need to verify the judgment was satisfied by the bk.... whatever hoops you need to jump thru do it.... they will try to get thru it. they WANT to lend to you

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.