Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please HELP!! Mortgage Reinstatement and Legal fees showing up one year later

tag
ozgirl
Regular Contributor

Please HELP!! Mortgage Reinstatement and Legal fees showing up one year later

I am hoping someone out here can help me with this!

In June of 2006 we had a loan with HSBC reinstated after falling behind. At the time of the reinstatement, we paid a large amount of "fees associated" with the reinstatement. We continued to keep the payments on track after this incident. Lo and behold, this last month we were hit with $730 in additional fees that apparently did not get billed by the attorney who works with the lender. I was shocked, surprised and completely caught off guard.

The customer service department and loss mitigation dept cannot really explain why this happened but told me there is basically nothing I can do about it except pay up. They would not provide any documentation and told me that I would have to write to the research department to get any answers. I had to pay the amount or my payment would not be accepted. Well, I paid it and now this mystery amount is sitting in a suspense account waiting to be applied. I am terribly confused by all of this.

This just does not seem reasonable to me...how can a charge like this show up more than one year later. Frankly, I don't know too many attorneys who take a year to bill!
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.