Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help FHA LOAN Issue Due to Dispute ACCOUNT

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help FHA LOAN Issue Due to Dispute ACCOUNT

Basically she signed a letter stating that she is not disputing anything...

The lender told me that Underwriters do not like to see account dispute, and she/he will most likely denied my application is that's the case.

At the same time she also advised me that removing a dispute will affect her credit score.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tgrantly wrote:

Im confused when you said the dispute has to be cleared?  Do you mean the comments removed or the account itself?  If the account will be deleted entirely, the score will go up.  What type of letter did she sign? for the company to dispute it?

She needs the comment removed...

Basically she signed a letter stating that she is not disputing anything...

The lender told me that Underwriters do not like to see account dispute, and she/he will most likely denied my application is that's the case.

At the same time she also advised me that removing a dispute will affect her credit score.

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had this same problem but it did not come about until the day before we were suppose to close. I was advised with the score being so close it is better to pay it down to under 1000 and do a rapid rescore then it is to delete the dispute. Once the Dispute is removed 9 chances out of 10 it will drop your score and then you will no longer qualify. I ended up paying it down and it worked in my favor closed on my home over a month ago.

Message 13 of 18
tgrantly
Valued Member

Gotcha.  For FHA i believe the balance has to be less than $1000 for a disputed account to go through with no action needed.  I dont think it will matter much to transunion its already 4 years old, Equifax is the one that would be the issue.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tgrantly wrote:

Gotcha.  For FHA i believe the balance has to be less than $1000 for a disputed account to go through with no action needed.  I dont think it will matter much to transunion its already 4 years old, Equifax is the one that would be the issue.

I just asked my loan officer if I can lower the balance to $500 and she told me They have to remove the comment dispute... the dont like that word.

I think the same about transunion.. it should not go down. I am in track as far the equifax does not go lower than 600!!!!

Message 15 of 18
tgrantly
Valued Member

You def don't want to pay it down because you run the risk of them reaging it or making it active. It would either be a pay for delete or leave it be.
Message 16 of 18
tgrantly
Valued Member

Can you pay down a credit card or something else to absorb the ding if any? So that it would show if they do a rapid rescore
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes I can pay off her credit cards. As now she is using less then 40% on 2 and she has other 2 on $0 balance.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.