cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help!!! Serious time issues! What to tackle first?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please Help!!! Serious time issues! What to tackle first?

_Hi all FICO friends ,
I am reposting this here because I desperately need some quick answ. as to what to pay off and tackle first. I need to raise my score by 42 points ASAP or I stand to lose  my  $19,000 deposit and will not qualify for my mortgage.
Please help!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________
These are unpaid neg. accts on my report
My Utility is less than 5%.
3 of these are valid (mine ) one is not but do not have the luxury of time to go through various channels to dispute it (fortunately I am in a position to pay these off now).
The accts. originated in Fl. SOL4-6 yrs (However I am purchasing in La.)
1) Palisades (CA) $1432 updated 8/08
placed for collect. 11/03 (to be removed 9/2009)
     OC Wash/prov balance $1,000 ($1432 with fees)
    last active10/02

2)Palisades (CA) $869
placed for collect. 2/2007 (to be removed (7/2009)
OC HSBC  Bank DOA 3/03              This is the one that I do not believe is mine.

3)NCS (CA)$752 This is me but I don't owe this but do not have the time to dispute these fees
  Old apt. fees I do not owe! (To be removed 9/2010)
   Placed for collect. 2/2006

4)OIS (CA) $103 (to be removed 9/2010)
  placed for collect.10/2004
   OC- electric company.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Help!!! Serious time issues! What to tackle first?

mymoney wrote:
_Hi all FICO friends ,
I am reposting this here because I desperately need some quick answ. as to what to pay off and tackle first. I need to raise my score by 42 points ASAP or I stand to lose  my  $19,000 deposit and will not qualify for my mortgage.
Please help!!!!

____________________________________________________________________________________
These are unpaid neg. accts on my report
My Utility is less than 5%.
3 of these are valid (mine ) one is not but do not have the luxury of time to go through various channels to dispute it (fortunately I am in a position to pay these off now).
The accts. originated in Fl. SOL4-6 yrs (However I am purchasing in La.)
1) Palisades (CA) $1432 updated 8/08
placed for collect. 11/03 (to be removed 9/2009)
     OC Wash/prov balance $1,000 ($1432 with fees)
    last active10/02

2)Palisades (CA) $869
placed for collect. 2/2007 (to be removed (7/2009)
OC HSBC  Bank DOA 3/03              This is the one that I do not believe is mine.

3)NCS (CA)$752 This is me but I don't owe this but do not have the time to dispute these fees
  Old apt. fees I do not owe! (To be removed 9/2010)
   Placed for collect. 2/2006

4)OIS (CA) $103 (to be removed 9/2010)
  placed for collect.10/2004
   OC- electric company.

Paying these off whether they are your's or not will not increase your scores in fact they will most likely lower them because the dates will be updated making them look like they are recent baddies  I would pull your three credit reports and dispute the one's you know or think arn't yours.  Also I would offer more info on the type of loan your trying to get and why you will lose your deposit so the mortgage experts can chime in and steer you in the right direction
Message 2 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

also... this may be for the credit forum.

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Steelfan,

I am only paying the ones that I can get a pay for delete letter first but am unsure as to which would most likely have the most positive impact on my score?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks I'll try posting it there to as I need some suggestions?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you discussed this with your LO
some loan companys have a "what if" system - where they can go in and show changes and know exactly how it will affect your credit.
GOOD LUCK
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.