cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help......underwriter wants debts gone.......

tag
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

Please Help......underwriter wants debts gone.......

is it better to do pay for delete or settlement or payment plan when clearing debt for mortgage purposes. I don't want to spend too much of what I have saved up on old debt but the underwriter wants me to clear some debts... Please help....Oh by the way i want to take care of those debt with little damage to my current score.

Cap one secured=200 closed
Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Victoria'ssecrets1850, citicard 6500TU=735,Ex=723,Eq=734
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
TurboFX
New Contributor

Re: Please Help......underwriter wants debts gone.......

Get them off your credit report if you can. Your scores will be higher and you will get better terms on your mortgage. Otherwise, as long as they are satisified then the underwriters should not have an issue with them. 

Message 2 of 8
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

Ok so your saying pay for delete then, right?

Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Message 3 of 8
TurboFX
New Contributor

Getting them deleted would be the best option. But if it is too costly then just as long as they are satisifed you should not have problems. 

Message 4 of 8
TurboFX
New Contributor

Make sure to retain proof that they are satisfied in case it is not reflected on your credit report . 

Message 5 of 8
TurboFX
New Contributor

Forgot to mention. If they are going to repull your credit hoping for a better score then you should pay to delete. If they are not going to repull your credit then you don't need to have it deleted.  (My understanding is that a pay to delete might cost more than if you try to settle for less). Just trying to save you some money. 

Message 6 of 8
dashpt
Frequent Contributor

Ok Thank you so much. My score is ok right now, but they will be repulling to make sure my score didnt drop.....so I will do pay for delete on the ones I can get it for.

Cap One unsecured10,000
Wellsfargo1500
Walmart5000
Message 7 of 8
SantanzChild
Valued Member

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.