cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please examine creditworthiness. I want the American Dream!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please examine creditworthiness. I want the American Dream!

I want to live the American Dream and buy an apartment here in Honolulu, Hawaii!  Please tell me what you think.  Should i apply soon, near years end?  Or wait and build credit for a bit more.  A decent non-luxury 2bedroom/1bath/1parking apartment in Honolulu, Hawaii would cost anywhere between 400,000-500,000.  

Some random information about me:

-I've had sub-prime credit for about 10 years, 4-5 years ago i started the effort of paying off all obligations, 2-3 years ago after paying off all obligations i flew under the radar with no credit cards.  Only credit i had were two or three car loans which have been paid on time and in full (besides my current auto).

-3 months ago i started the process of applying for new credit cards.  I got approved with Cap1 QS1 for a $3k limit which was increased to $9k in two weeks.  I called Sears Card (store card) and they re-activated my store card which had a limit of $300 and increased it to $6k.  I just refinanced my car loan with DCU this morning and according to the rep i have great credit and got 1.74% and they also approved me for a $15k limit DCU Visa Platnium.  

-By years end i should have approximately $25,000 saved for down payment.

-I consistently make a tick over $100,000/year.

-My only monthly bill is my car loan of $600/mo.  CC Balances are always kept low or zero.

-According to Myfico.com my scores are 750 Equifax, 723 Transunion, 737 Experian

-Random thought.  My "good" credit seems thin.  To reiterate my first two key points, bad credit 10 years, ok credit 2 years, and what i would consider good credit 3 months.  Maybe i'm over thinking it.

What do you think?  Go for it now or wait?  Would $25,000 down payment be enough?  Or would i need to save more?  You honest opinions are much appreciated!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please examine creditworthiness. I want the American Dream!

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks folks!

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please examine creditworthiness. I want the American Dream!

I think credit & income should be OK. I think you'll want to have a down payment & closing costs saved up plus at least 3 months of reserves/emergency fund. So, with aggressive saving, maybe by the end of the year?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.