Re: Please help all mortgage experts?

What constitutes an "open dispute"? 

Message 11 of 27
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What constitutes an "open dispute"? 

you disputed item and it is not yet resolved.

lenders see a consumer saying they 'dispute' item they require the borrower prove the dispute is resolved.

Retired Lender
Message 12 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if I disputed and it came back verified, but the comments say "account disputed by comsumer", this should be a 'closed/resolved' dispute, right? So I should be okay, or should I still ask the CRA to remove the comments?

Message 13 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just looked at my EX  report, and some accounts have the 'account disputed by consumer' comments, and others have ' This item was verified and updated on Apr 2008' or This item was verified and remains unchanged'. Are these last two comments okay? Sounds to me like it would mean that the dispute has been resolved and closed.

Am I right?

Thanks,

Jelly

Message 14 of 27
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

have cra remove comments because automated underwriting cannot distinguish the difference between open disputes and consumer comments.

will be a head ache later

Retired Lender
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

have cra remove comments because automated underwriting cannot distinguish the difference between open disputes and consumer comments.

Which comments should be removed? The  'account disputed by consumer' comment or the 'This item was verified and updated on Apr 2008' and 'This item was verified and remains unchanged' comments? The latter two comments don't say anything about the account being in dispute. These state that the account was previously in dispute, but has now been verified or updated and the dispute is closed, right?

Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

huhu, well back to my original thread..

Called some mortgage guy and gave my info and unfroze TU and EX and just did credit secure and see that those reports were pulled by a mortgage company EQ was not pulled. The thing is that he has yet to call me back and it's going on 3hrs since I gave him those information. Isn't preapprovals instant?

Message 17 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

update:

Mortgage guy just called back I'm preapproved for $110K he said credit is excellent and should have no problems.

I'm having second thoughts now though.. do I really wanna do this because I may want to buy a house myself in the coming future.

Message 18 of 27
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

Which comments should be removed? The  'account disputed by consumer' comment or the 'This item was verified and updated on Apr 2008' and 'This item was verified and remains unchanged' comments? The latter two comments don't say anything about the account being in dispute. These state that the account was previously in dispute, but has now been verified or updated and the dispute is closed, right?

get rid of the the 'customer disputes' part.

i will be talking to Kroll Factual Data about this soon. And I will try to talk to Fannie Mae as well.... This is a fuzzy issue that I guess is up to me to get to the bottom of....

But, for now, all of you reading this..... just remove all of the dispute comments and STOP DISPUTING before applying.

If you are disputing your credit report..... You aren't ready for a loan.

Retired Lender
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

get rid of the the 'customer disputes' part.

i will be talking to Kroll Factual Data about this soon. And I will try to talk to Fannie Mae as well.... This is a fuzzy issue that I guess is up to me to get to the bottom of....

But, for now, all of you reading this..... just remove all of the dispute comments and STOP DISPUTING before applying.

If you are disputing your credit report..... You aren't ready for a loan.

Hi Dallas,

If I am not ready for a loan now, I don't know if I will never be. I started out with 497 EQ score. Now I am at 617,  with more points to come once all balances show zero after I have paid off 7 accounts. My income is at least $15K higher and I have funds in the bank. I only disputed the collections because I did not know why they were on my CR. I don't know why it still says 'consumer disputes account information'. I disputed  these accounts in 2008. I will call and see if I can get these comments removed. Hopefully, I won't have any trouble.

I really feel that I am ready, but of course I am not a loan professional. I will plan to meet with my LO and see where I stand. If I need to wait, I'll wait. Buying a house is definitely not something to rush.

Thanks for all of your input and I will keep you posted on my progress.

Jelly

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.