Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help, fha tentative Aug closing but tax issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please help, fha tentative Aug closing but tax issue

I could really use some guidance I am sick with worry. I file my 2011 12 and 13 taxes late. I thought I had filed them earlier but when I checked a month ago I could not get a tax transcript so I called the IRS and they told me they had not been filed and that my husband was a victim of identity fraud; somebody did file his as single instead of married joint. He took 12 and 13 to the IRS office and have them stamp them paid the amount due. This was on July the 15th, they cash my check a week later. I thought that cashing my check made the likelihood of my transcripts being available reasonable so I found a house. (As my husband is disabled and has a lot of cancer related medical bills which has hurt his credit and he can't work this fha loan will be in my name only. ) Now Ive put 1300 dollars into appraisal, inspection and fix electric outlet problem plus my earnest money. I receive my conditional approval this week and one of the things they need me to sign is the 4506 T for 11 thru 14 tax transcript. I went to the IRS site and found 14 was available but there is no 12 13 or 11. I double checked my records and I have the stamped copy for 12 and 13 but we missed filing 11. I dropped that of this week, got a stamp and paid tax at irs. we're supposed to close August 28th, fha. I fear these tax transcripts are not going to be available on time and I'm going to lose all this money and have no where to live. oh my gosh what do I do ...I'm having complete anxiety over all this. Getting our own home again is a dream and returns us to a place where we were before he got sick. I'm so mad at myself for not ensuring the taxes were done right in the first place. I'm very stressed and now have made myself even more stressed. I'm going to try calling irs tomorrow. Any advice with them or keeping this deal from falling thru?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help, fha tentative Aug closing but tax issue

Hi There! I have a similar issue where my 2013 taxes weren't filed and I thought they were and I'm due to close on the 28th. I found help at the Taxpayer Advocate office. You can reach them at1-877-777-4748. Explain your situation and inform them not getting this home will put you in a financial hardship. They will give you a case number and will have a case worker contact you in three days. The taxpayer advocate can speed up the process of having your taxes filed. I hope this helps.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I appreciate your help. I called them but they didn't make a case. They told me 2013 will probably be processed by the 14th. 12 had been rejected but do not know why, long shot getting it done and 11th by 28th when we're due to close and call in a week. I am thinking of calling sooner. I've read that I may have to call several times to get a case. I'm hoping having 14 and 13 available lender will accept and give the clear to close. I'm on pins and needles. The seller is suppose to close in the afternoon on the house they're buying after we close on this house in morning.
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was on a tight schedule and my mortgage guy told me that a copy of my tax return AND independent verification which in my case was a copy of the cancelled IRS balance due check from the bank would suffice. Most mortgage people know that there is a several month delay between filing and availability through the 4506 and they have alternatives. Good luck. 

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of this stuff is soooo stressful! Keep me posted!
Message 5 of 9
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

The online access to transcripts is tooooo slow for the usual mortage process. I simply wnet to my local IRS office and has a service rep there print the transcripts for me. Submitted them to my lender and the file was cleared and closed. I recommend that you do the same.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I am still working through this issue! Uggghh and to the point I'm having nausea and no sleep! The good news is lender doesn't need 11 and 12 and I have 14. That leaves 13 which is causing me grief. I have to get transcript to loan officer by tomorrow to meet closing deadline. .we're supposed to close Aug 28. I have a tax advocate calling me today but I found out that 2013 has been rejected for some type of error. Letter in mail which I don't have yet. If I made a mistake can tax advocate help with amending 1040? If I didn't make a mistake with this rejected can tax advocate help? Any knowledge about these things would be helpful. Thanks
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! The tax Advocate should be able to assist you with all your issues! Make sure you stay on them. I called my advocate once a week and it only took two weeks to get my late return filed and posted to my transcript. Good Luck!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, the tax advocate is there to help you.  Espeically if its causing some sort of hardship for you and your family.  Make an appointment and go see them in person if all possble.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.