Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help review my options

tag
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

Please help review my options

We are attempting to buy a foreclosure from the VA. We are doing a usda loan. We were supposed to close September 6. Just before closing, the VA said they didn't have the title package from the foreclosing attorney. I made a million calls, and as of September 13, the title package was there. Now the va has to review it. That can take up to 120 days. In the meantime, I have to close by October 4 or we lose our funding. The area we are buying in will lose usda funding September 30, so really, I'm out of time!

What can I do? The va asked us to do a quitclaim. My LO is seeing if the USDA and the servicing bank will allow it. If we don't close, I'm out about $3k.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: Please help review my options

@jzsnow wrote:
We are attempting to buy a foreclosure from the VA. We are doing a usda loan. We were supposed to close September 6. Just before closing, the VA said they didn't have the title package from the foreclosing attorney. I made a million calls, and as of September 13, the title package was there. Now the va has to review it. That can take up to 120 days. In the meantime, I have to close by October 4 or we lose our funding. The area we are buying in will lose usda funding September 30, so really, I'm out of time!

What can I do? The va asked us to do a quitclaim WHY?. My LO is seeing if the USDA and the servicing bank will allow it. If we don't close, I'm out about $3k.

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 6
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

A quitclaim deed is basically our only option to close on this house because of our time limits. The seller didn't realize they didn't have all the title package documents until we missed out first closing. To wait on the special warranty deed would be another 120 days.
Message 3 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@jzsnow wrote:
A quitclaim deed is basically our only option to close on this house because of our time limits. The seller didn't realize they didn't have all the title package documents until we missed out first closing. To wait on the special warranty deed would be another 120 days.

i guess i still dont understand.

the va suggests that you get the home quit claimed to you at closing?

your lender wont do that

the va person is an idiot.

something is amiss.......

might be time to look at other homes if the seller cant close.

Retired Lender
Message 4 of 6
jzsnow
Frequent Contributor

USDA and the lender agreed already. The home has a clear title, but the va needs time to review documents and that takes 120 days.
Message 5 of 6
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

wow.

then you are done.

Retired Lender
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.