Did you mean: 

Please help us know if we qualify?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please help us know if we qualify?

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you!  Have you recently purchased a home?

You will need to get the DTI down, they will calculate 30% for front end.  The DTI you are talking about will be applied to house payment, making back end 47%.  That is a bit high.  They will accept your current income with the renewed contracts.  Be careful, government programs are making changes to IBR payments.  Unless regular payment, then they take 1% of loan amount.  Get husband into repayment before apply.  It will be better if you folks file taxes together.

We file taxes seperately so that our student loan payments aren't quite as high.  Where do you get 30% from for DTI?  I basically just need to know if FHA accepts IBR payments?  If so, I know I'm good even if my husband's loans are not in repatment.

Message 11 of 12
BrianB_The_Loan_Professor
Valued Contributor

Re: Please help us know if we qualify?

You will be ok - we count the education leading up to the job as history so the two years wont be an issue

You will need to find out what the regular payment will be on your loan or they will use the percentage - no longer can we use IBR numbers

Seperate taxes wont be an issue  - since you are w2 they will be looking more at your pay stub than the taxes

Good Luck hope this helps

BrianB

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian B The Loan Professor
Mortgage Banker - offering FHA, VA, USDA , and Conventional mortgages in all 50 states -

If I do not respond to a follow up question please feel free to contact me directly
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.