Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibilities

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possibilities

I am looking to potentially get a home in the near future, and my partner has excellent credit.

TU is reporting 772, Ex 776, and Eq 759. He makes around mid 40s for salary and was wondering what his chances on getting a good rate were without my involvement.

He can use his mother who has equally good credit, and already owns two homes but if we could avoid using her, I was wondering what we as first time home buyers should be looking out for.

Thanks Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

Re: Possibilities

His scores are really good.  But,  what is his DTI?  What price range of home are you looking at?  These are questions that we would need to know in order to know if he could possibly qualify.
takin' it one day at a time
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

We're looking for a Max loan of about 350,000 but wouldnt look to use most of it.

He has no other installment loans, he has had 2 cars in the past 2 years that he paid off about 6 months into the loans.

His highest CL is an AMEX at 18,000
second highest is a VISA is 15,500
and 2 other credit cards,

His total balance of debt is under 2000 bucks, so the Util is good which he PIFs every month.
Message 3 of 5
sunrise
Frequent Contributor

I am pretty sure that a $40,000 salary would not support a $350,000 loan.  Unless, you are planning on putting down a large down payment.  I realize you will be helping out with the payment and bills, etc. but, the bank will probably want you on the loan if you are wanting to include your salary.
takin' it one day at a time
Message 4 of 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Yup, like sunrise pointed out, your partner's debt to income ratio would be too high to qualify for a $350k sales price on his own... it'd be over 70% and that doesn't qualify with any lender.  You said that is your max though, what is more realistic for the sales price you'd be looking into?  Is there any down payment involved?

Mom can co-sign though, but realize you don't want her too... I wouldn't really want to co-sign either, even for family.  Too many risks to take with your own credit if their situation goes south.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.