Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Problem Closing?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible Problem Closing?

Hi everyone. My loan recently went to underwriting and it was approved with some conditions. One condition that my loan officer failed to discuss with me, was about maintaining the same amount of working hours as before. I recently took a day and some hours off work for some doctors appointments. With that being said, 2 of my pay checks were short 2 to 3 hours. Now I'm waiting for clear to close. Do you think they can deny us for that? Please let us know what you think.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Possible Problem Closing?

Welcome to myFico Smiley Happy

At the request of one of our Community Leaders I have created your own thread on this. I changed the title and left everything else intact. You can edit the title if you want by using the edit reply choice in the options pull down menu on the upper right hand corner of the post.

Message 2 of 5
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone. My loan recently went to underwriting and it was approved with some conditions. One condition that my loan officer failed to discuss with me, was about maintaining the same amount of working hours as before. I recently took a day and some hours off work for some doctors appointments. With that being said, 2 of my pay checks were short 2 to 3 hours. Now I'm waiting for clear to close. Do you think they can deny us for that? Please let us know what you think.

It is critical that your income remain consistent during the mortgage process. One of the items that is updated right up to the end is your paystubs and bank statements.  However, having said that, the only time a shortage of 2 or 3 hours on your paycheck would hurt you is if you are right at the maximum for your debt ratios.  When you spoke to your LO did he mention you were at or near the maximum? Otherwise the u/w may just ask why your current paychecks are lower than they were in the past. Some fluctuation is normal. Naturally the u/w likes to see a steady income.

Message 3 of 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

For the difference in paycheck to cause a delay in closing, your file would have to be at the maximum threshold in one or more areas. Are you an hourly paid employee or a PRN healthcare employee? Worst case scenario is that the closing is delayed until your paychk is again showing at least the amount at the point of mortgage approval. I don't know enough about your scenario to render a better opinion.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you not get paid sick leave and vacation time?  Why is your paycheck short for taking care of your health?   

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.